To undertake maintenance and repairs of Facilities and related system services within the unit.
- Maintenance Supervisor
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assigned common tools
- Assigned tools box.
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance procedures (PMP) and undertake routine maintenance of equipment. and Systems
- To supervise maintenance activities carried out by sub contractors; provide access to offices and document sub contractors’ visits.
- Undertake basic installations and repairs to assigned portfolio, escalating any unresolved problems to the Supervisor.
- Tag all assigned equipment brought to the workshop for repair, ensuring that the same are returned to their respective departments or areas on completion of work.
- Observe personal safety measures by proper use of PPE.
- Maintain good housekeeping habits in the workshop and working area.
- Keeping Safe custody of assigned tools box and assigned common tools.
- Record and document all works undertaken and spares used in Job Cards
- Operation of the Incinerator as may be assigned and maintaining appropriate records.
- Undertake Basic carpentry, painting and plumbing works.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- A Craft Certificate OR Government Trade Test 1 in Carpentry and Joinery OR Plumbing
- At least 2 years’ experience carrying out Carpentry and Plumbing works etc.
- Experience in record keeping and basic report writing
- Knowledge of good workshop practices
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety practices.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly( written and oral) in English and Kiswahili
- Good troubleshooting and fault diagnosis skills
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise own work
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proactive and initiative in resolution of problems
- Good interpersonal skills
- Well groomed; neat and clean appearance
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: "Apply for this job".
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 23 August, 2018.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).