This is a senior level position for this opening. Creates and maintains overall network plans to support the organization’s business strategy, agrees service level agreements with customers and plans all aspects of the infrastructure necessary to ensure provision of network services that meet such agreements.
- Head of IT
- IT Infrastructure Manager.
- Advise management on resources in order to plan, estimate and carry out network systems implementation on time, within budget, meet quality specifications and target, in accordance with appropriate standards.
- Creates and maintains network plans for the programme, contributes to setting service level agreements, and plans the infrastructure necessary to provide the network services to meet such agreements.
- Ensure that the network performance is optimum for all programme solutions– parameters to consider latencies, packet loss, jitter etc
- Utilize networking tools to monitor the performance of all networking nodes on the LAN and WAN.
- Primary responsibility is to support the switching and firewall ecosystem on the enterprise networked infrastructure
- Design and implement a robust network architecture.
- Manage Incidences, Problems, Events and Service requests, Raising Change Requests to transit resolves to technology problems. Transiting technology products in the Service Portfolio, retiring and replacing them at the end of the lifecycle.
- To provide preventive maintenance on the switching and firewall infrastructure
- To ensure firewall infrastructure are configured correctly with regard to security patches, security policies, software versions, security configuration, and recoverability.
- To carry out project based work to implement new networking solutions.
- To provide 3rd line support for the IT Support Technicians as and when needed
- Review and report through Project Management software tasks on IT infrastructure projects.
- Ability to build an architectural schema of the enterprise switching and firewall infrastructure.
- Ability to model infrastructure for disaster recovery and testing for audit purposes.
- Generate SOPs for the networking ecosystem and any related services.
- Provide in-depth monitoring and troubleshooting of the enterprise network
- Assist the Infrastructure manager in developing enterprise network growth plans.
- Degree level in Engineering or Computer Science or BSc IT and experience of least 5 years progressively from IT Support Engineer position or equivalent.
- Excellent customer support and communication skills
- Experience of supporting a 20+ mixed Operation System server environment
- Experience of installing and supporting Windows 20xx
- Active Directory support and management
- Knowledge of installing and configuration of a Microsoft Exchange Server 201x
- Knowledge and experience of DHCP, DNS, and SNMP Knowledge of: Networking concepts, firewall concepts, network based storage solutions, and server hardware
- Ability to develop architectural diagrams to illustrate infrastructure layout.
- CCNA or equivalent certification (Must give evidence of the exam certificate done by an authorised testing body, i.e. Pearson VUE, Prometric, etc.)
- Knowledge of configuring Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience of working in a research establishment
- Supporting a multi-subneted, VLAN network environment
- IT Security certification.
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: "Apply for this job".
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 25 January 2019.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).