The KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is offering opportunities for up to 3 SSACAB-sponsored Masters students to undertake their research projects at the Programmes’ facilities at Nairobi and Kilifi, Kenya. The attachments will provide an opportunity for recipients to carry out their projects within a high-quality research environment under the supervision and mentorship of internationally renowned KWTRP and SSACAB researchers.
Selected students will be expected to spend most of their time at the KWTRP facilities in Kenya. The attachment will run for up to 10 months from September 2019. Selected students will be provided with a travel grant to cover:
- A return Air-ticket from country of origin and ground transport in Kenya on the day of arrival and departure.
- Monthly stipend of USD 450.
- Health Insurance
- Laptop for use while at KWTRP, to be returned to KWRTP at the end of the attachment.
TRAVEL GRANT ELIGIBILITY
Applicants should have completed and passed the taught component of their Masters Course (normally the first year).
NOTE: Applicants who have already started another research project and done more than a quarter of the proposed work will not be considered.
- Click on the position/project you're interested in to see the full description of the post.
- A link Submit Application will be available at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the submit application link and fill in the resulting form.
NOTE: If you already have a proposal for your research project that is closely aligned to the work of KWTRP, please append it to the end of the CV you upload on the application portal.
For further information and application, please visit the Masters studentships portal on KWRTP's website.
Please direct all other concerns/questions to Dr. Pascalia Munyewende [Pascalia.email@example.com], Dr. Sam Kinyanjui [firstname.lastname@example.org] or Dr. Dorcas Mbuvi [email@example.com].
NOTE: ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS will be accepted.