To provide support to the finance function through the timely and accurate processing of financial and accounting data.
REPORTS TO: Accountant/Senior Accountant
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES: None
INDIRECTLY SUPERVISES: None
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
Stock/ stores supplies
- Accurate and timely posting of data into the accounting system and ensure that all transactions are posted against the correct grant/ cost codes.
- Prepare and reconcile balance sheets and profit and loss and highlight any discrepancies, variances etc. to the Accountant for resolution.
- Process payments and grants, ensure accuracy and that all supporting documents are attached and appropriately approved and that there is no duplication of payments.
- Generate payee lists and edit and update lists as instructed.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation statements for the Programme’s bank accounts
- Log and file manual and electronic bank statements and correspondence.
- Record assets in the general ledger and update the fixed assets register as required.
- Participate in and carry out stock takes and physical verification of assets.
- Participate in the internal audit reviews as required in accordance with the audit plan through provision of the required information.
- Effectively manage and administer all departmental records and files and ensure these are accurate, up to date and easily retrievable.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- CPA II or ACCA II
- 3 years of accounting experience in multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge and experience in computerised accounting systems and Microsoft applications
- Book keeping and accounting skills
- Data entry and records maintenance skills
- Analytical ability
- Good organisation skills
- Team working skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Proactive with the ability to prioritise and plan own work
- Confidentiality, integrity, ability to take and follow instructions and to work with minimal supervision
- Flexibility and willingness to help and take on additional roles
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Office based
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: "Apply for this job".
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 19th February 2019.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).