To provide support to the finance function through the timely and accurate processing of financial and accounting data.
- Financial Accountant
- A fixed asset accountant performs various functions in ensuring effective maintenance of an organization’s fixed assets and depreciation schedules.
Staffs operating at this grade range are required to take responsibility for planning their work according to the monthly accounting timetable, and grant reporting dates - liaising with their line Manager where there is any clash of priorities. Assistant Accountants carry out detailed manipulation of data and will usually have work reviewed before onward transmission to external parties. This member of staff will show leadership to more junior members of the team.
- Record fixed assets by creating and supervising a system of procedures, forms, and controls
- Recommend any updates to accounting policies affecting fixed assets to management
- Allocate tag numbers to fixed assets to effectively track them from time to time
- Record in the accounting system newly acquired fixed assets
- Coordinate disposal of obsolete fixed assets in conjunction with the procurement team
- Track, compile, and record project costs in fixed asset accounts; close out the accounts at the completion of the projects
- Perform reconciliation of fixed asset ledger balance with the general ledger
- Perform depreciation calculation for all fixed assets
- Perform revision and update on the detailed schedule of accumulated depreciation and fixed assets.
- Carry out periodic reviews on intangible assets’ impairment
- Coordinate verification of fixed assets physically and reconcile to the asset register
- Provide Fixed Assets management reports to management
- Create fixed asset related audit schedules, and collaborate with auditors on their assignments
- Track assets movements and ensure asset register is updated
- Regularly communicate Fixed assets policy and procedures to staff
- Assist Payments team with payments as backup initiator
- Check payments and invoice batches processed by payments team as and when required
- Stand in for other accountants as required
- Any other task allocated by Head of Department/supervisor.
- CPA II or ACCA II
- At least 3 years of wide ranging work experience in a finance office.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in computerized accounting systems.
- In-depth knowledge of Fixed Assets management an added advantage.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English - Written and spoken.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines, support team members & uphold team spirit.
- Analytical ability.
- Good organization skills.
- Team working skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proactive with the ability to prioritise and plan own work.
- Confidentiality, integrity, ability to take and follow instructions and to work with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility and willingness to help and take on additional roles.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: "Apply for this job".
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 21 November 2019.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).