This post involves supporting the molecular analysis of mosquitoes collected in the field from the MSF-lead study on attractive toxic sugar baits in the DRC.
- Principal Investigator.
- Responsible for lab orders related to his/her duties.
- MALDI-TOF-MS mosquito sample processing and analysis;
- DNA extraction from dried mosquito samples.
- ELISA of mosquito materials.
- Sample sorting and biobanking.
- Assist in preparation of SOPs.
- Ensure that all work done complies with the applicable regulations concerning biohazards, Good Clinical and Laboratory Practice and maintain all documentation.
- Coordinate the purchase and inventory of laboratory supplies for the group.
- Contribute to the presentation of results to the group and the programme.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- An undergraduate degree in Biological sciences, molecular biology, or biotechnology or equivalent.
- At least One years’ experience in molecular biomedical research is an added advantage.
- Experience in laboratory research.
- Detailed knowledge of the procedures relevant to the work.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Must be enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to take and follow instructions, initiative, keen to learn and proactive with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Flexibility, adaptability, multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Good analytical and follow through ability
- Good planning, organisation and co-ordination skills.
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: "Apply for this job".
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 13 November 2019.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).