To support, maintain and contribute to all research activities including proposal development, grants/ funds administration, data/sample analysis and management, training, reporting and preparation of publications.
- Principal Investigator
- Any interns or fieldworkers as assigned by the Principal Investigator
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for a laptop computer/desk top.
- One or more digital voice recorders used in this work.
- Petty cash budgets up to approximately kes 10,000 associated with fieldwork and meeting organization.
- Contribute in the development of research objectives and preparation of proposals and applications.
- Carry out literature reviews and prepare draft write-ups as may be required to support proposals, presentations/seminars and publications.
- Participate in execution of research projects including identifying resource requirements, consenting and community engagement activities and initiating recruitment of study participants.
- Under the supervision of senior researchers, develop data collection tools; collect different types of research data (qualitative and /or quantitative); oversee cleaning and transcribing of the data.
- Liaise with relevant teams to ensure that all data is entered into relevant databases on time and carry out data verification activities as requested/required to ensure its accuracy, integrity and validity
- Contribute to the analysis of data emerging from empirical field work and literature review.
- Contribute to the dissemination of information from studies, including through the preparation of reports and manuscripts for publication, making presentations at scientific meetings and feeding back to participants in any consultation activities.
- Provide training and support to fieldworkers and other research team members / working on related projects, including developing their skills in individual and group interviewing, transcription, translation, and summarising.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- An undergraduate degree in relevant field (including in social science, public health, anthropology) or equivalent.
- 1 years experience in a medical related profession/ medical research.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Good analytical and follow through ability
- Good planning, organisation and co-ordination skills
- Ability to take and follow instructions, initiative, keen to learn and proactive with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Flexibility, adaptability, multi-tasking and attention to detail
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: "Apply for this job".
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 30 May, 2019.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).