To conduct pharmacy mapping, participant recruitment, survey data collection and cleaning for the Pharmacy HIV Prevention (PHP) study.
REPORTS TO: Principal Investigator
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
INDIRECT REPORTS: N/A
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY: N/A
JOB DIMENSIONS: This position is for 2 months starting in October 2019
- Identify sampled pharmacies and record geographical location information including GPS coordinates
- Engage pharmacy service providers, explain study procedures, and obtain written informed consent
- Administer survey questionnaires and make observations during pharmacy visits as per approved study protocol
- Participate in piloting of data collection tools and in data cleaning
- Support internal requisition and tracking of study materials
- Prepare study reports, attend project meetings and perform other duties as directed by the PI
- Diploma in Pharmacy or Community Health and Development
- At least 2 year prior health research experience
- Familiarity with the Kenyan health system including the private pharmacy sector
- Computer literacy
- Training in research ethics and good clinical practice will be an added advantage
- Good planning skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and engagement skills
- Confident, calm and mature disposition
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Confidentiality, high integrity and strong ethics
- Flexibility and willingness to take on additional role
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS: the position will involve frequent travel within the study counties (Nairobi, Mombasa and Kisumu)
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: "Apply for this job".
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 20th September 2019.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).