To provide data management support services and oversight for Kilifi Health and Demographic Surveillance Study (KHDSS)
- Head of Surveillance
- Data Clerk
- Senior Data Clerk
- Data Supervisor
- Senior Data Supervisor.
- Work with the principal investigator co-investigators and project researchers to gather requirements for KHDSS data management systems
- Prepare, update and document system requirements: overseeing design, development, testing and implementation of KHDSS data management systems
- Prepare KHDSS related datasets, code and documentation for archiving and/or publication including cleaning, collating, annotating and de-identifying data.
- Document KHDSS data management activities and standardize processes and procedure
- Provide user support for the study staff using the designed applications.
- Manage systems and tools for handling data, collecting, entering, editing, cleaning, storing, archiving, retrieving, organizing, and transferring data.
- Carry out data review, and data validation. This includes discrepancy checking and cleaning of records generated from the database etc.
- Liaise with KHDSS field manager and database administrators to rapidly resolve data queries
- Implement and enforce data security activities such as data backups, archiving and user administration.
- Extract and process requested data and generate reports to inform coordination and management of KHDSS activities.
- Prepare data and conduct preliminary and statistical analyses for KHDSS related data
- Train and prepare work plans for data clerks and supervisor
- Devise methods and procedures to best integrate the current KHDSS systems with other systems in use across the Programme.
- Design and maintain / archive / update data dictionaries and carry out data review, validation including discrepancy checking and cleaning and report generation of records generated from the databases.
- Generate reports including verification error reports, comments reports, constraint reports, and lists of all problems experienced in KHDSS as regards to data collection.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Sciences/Information Science or Information Technology or in a relevant field
- At least three (3) years experience in managing longitudinal databases
- At least two (2) years supervisory experience an added advantage
- Knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MSSQL
- Excellent skills in systems analysis, data management, database design and structures.
- Statistics experience with Stata or R or SPSS or SAS.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Flexibility, adaptability, multi-tasking and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, presentation and communication skills.
- Basic analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: "Apply for this job".
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 28 March, 2023.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).