Masters training is the first stage of specialization in research training. As such, it provides a foundation for further research training and for increased intellectual engagement in a focus research area. In line with our goal of building local research capacity by feeding the research career pipeline at all levels, KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) together with Pwani University is jointly offering fully-funded studentships for MSc in Immunology. The 2-year studentships will support interested students to undertake training in Immunology with a research project at state of the art laboratories at KWTRP and collaborating partners.
- Applicants must first ensure eligibility for admission to Pwani University for a Masters in Immunology as outlined here.
- Applicants must have completed and graduated their Bachelor's degree in 2017 or 2018.
- Applicants should have attained at least a B+ or equivalent in their KCSE/O-level exams and, first class or upper second-class undergraduate degree or equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Undergraduate training must have entailed the following course units:
- Basic immunology (molecular, clinical, cellular, etc)
- Immunology of parasitic and infectious diseases
Tuition fees will be met by the Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (hosted by KWTRP). Successful applicants will also receive a monthly stipend.
Studentships start on 2nd September 2019.
Studentships are awarded competitively through shortlisting of online applications and subsequent face to face interviews. Applicants already holding a Master’s degree or currently undertaking Masters studies will not be considered.
- First confirm your eligibility and qualification for admission to the MSc in Immunology at Pwani University. For eligibility for the MSc studentships, it is not a requirement to first apply for admission at Pwani University and/or pay any admission fees for the course. Contact the following for more information: Dr. Cheryl Andisi; T: +254 725916145 | 0776368946; E: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com.
- Once ascertained that you are qualified for admission, click on the title of a position you are interested in to see the full description of the post (in this case, the MSc in Immunology studentships).
- A link Submit Application will be available at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the submit application link and fill in the resulting form.
NOTE: ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS will be accepted.
Application deadline: 24 May 2019