To provide accurate and efficient financial and project administration to the Epidemiology & Demography Department.
- Department Manager.
- Department Accountant.
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
- Conference and events budgets
- Check and approve staff travel/other claims and studies imprest surrenders
- Prepare invoices for project funds and other claims
- Prepare routine journals e.g. staff salary apportionments for staff paid by more than one grant, overheads before they are uploaded onto the financial management system
- Manage Principal Investigators’ personal accounts
- Ensure correct implementation of institutional finance policies and procedures
- Organise meetings, events and conferences, both internal and external, including booking venues, preparing meeting documentation, organising catering.
- Support internal and external communications, including uploading content to Baraza and the KWTRP website
- Work with colleagues in EDD and Transport department to coordinate usage of vehicles and motorbikes
- Manage the asset register for the Department
- Any other task within the grade-boundaries of the role as required to ensure the effective administration of projects and activities within the Department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A diploma in Project Management, Administration, Accounting or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in administrative support in a busy office environment, including financial administration
- Considerable knowledge of office procedures and administrative practices including organization, planning, records management and financial administration.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint.
- Familiarity with management information systems for finance, HR and procurement, and experience of Microsoft access and project.
- Part professional accounting qualifications - CPA I or ACCA Fundamental Level.
- An appreciation of biomedical research, the research grant lifecycle and working with funders and collaborators.
- Strong planning, organisational and administrative skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong numeracy skills
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and work to tight deadlines
- Flexibility and enthusiasm to take on new activities and responsibilities as they arise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: "Apply for this job".
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 11 April, 2018.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).