To provide efficient and effective nursing care to paediatric patients and supports research study activities.
- Senior Nurse
- Ward Cleaners
INDIRECTLY SUPERVISES: None
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY: None
- Assess patient needs in order to diagnose, plan and implement appropriate nursing care for children in accordance with established protocols.
- Provide treatment to patients as instructed by the physician including performing procedures, tracking vital signs, administering medicines and carrying out regular checks on the patient’s well being.
- Monitor treatment plans, evaluate and advice/ make appropriate recommendations to the Medical Officer or relevant officer as required.
- Undertake daily reviews of patients to establish eligibility for inclusion in studies and make relevant recommendations.
- Ensure all study patients are aware of their rights and have signed consent forms.
- Collect and document data as defined in the study protocols
- Supervise Fieldworkers working in PCM bay.
- Perform study related procedures including administering investigational products as per protocols.
- Continuously advice and inform patient’s parents/ guardians on their children’s illness, participation in the studies, progress and treatment.
- To maintain relevant medical records on patients, treatment etc. as may be required
- To generate and draft nursing reports as may be required from time to time.
- Support study protocols.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A diploma in Nursing or equivalent
- Kenya Registered Nurse (KERN)
- At least 3 years nursing experience
- Knowledge/ experience in patient care and in undertaking medical procedures
- Computer literate with proficiency and experience in using email applications and Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Attentive to detail with strong follow through ability
- Proactive and confident with strong ethics
- Able and willing to take and follow instruction and to learn
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment, punctual and high integrity
- Well groomed; neat and clean appearance.
- Exposure to patients and materials considered infectious and/or bio hazardous
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: "Apply for this job".
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 5 April, 2018.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).