This Role will oversee of KWTRP HR management system, HR analytics and metrics in addition this position is responsible for developing, implementing, and modifying system requirements to support the Human Resources department. Performs a variety of day-to-day administrative Human Resource Information System (HRIS) functions ensuring data integrity and the processing and reporting of HR data. The SHRO works closely with heads of departments to ensure all HR system needs are met. Attends departmental meetings to advise and follow up on HR matters related to the HRMIS
- Senior Human Resources Manager
- HR Assistant (HRMIS)
BUDGET AND RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
The SHRO will be assigned to champion various HR modules in HRMIS that support HR functions within the program, Contract Management, leave administration, Records Management, performance management and Separation - across the organization providing leadership on these functions to other members of the HR team while working closely with the Senior Human Resources Manager.
- Deliver all aspects of HRMIS within agreed SLAs and regularly provide reports and matrices.
- Provide input to HR policy formulation, implement and interpret HR policy and procedures and ensure effective and proactive communication on policies, procedures and services
- Coordinates, schedules and tracks progress of HRMIS project and functions.
- Key in and confirm accuracy and integrity of all data entered, maintains data in HRIS systems and databases and assures information is available on a timely basis to facilitate decision making.
- Performs group data updates, exports, imports, clean-ups, and researches/reports on any data discrepancies.
- Delivers routine daily/weekly/monthly reporting and responds to basic to intermediate ad hoc data requests.
- Conducts data analysis on HR data such as compensation, classification, employment, employee relations, and/or benefits data as directed by the Senior Human Resources Manager.
- Prepares reports, graphs, charts and statistics in support of human resources operations.
- Provides assistance and supports other staff on difficulties and/or problems encountered while using the HRMIS in place.
- Support recruitment, on boarding, talent management and motivation needs ensuring each process meets organization goals.
- Ensure effective implementation of performance management processes through the HRMIS and link them to the Programme’s Learning and Development strategy.
- Lead and supervise his/her direct reports, ensuring they have clear objectives and resources need to perform their tasks.
- Create HR dashboard that leverages technology to create efficiencies within department reporting.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent.
- Professional HR qualification and membership to a HR body e.g. IHRM, CIPD etc. or equivalent.
- Those with a certificate in Computer Science or IT Related Field will have added advantage
- At least 5 - 8 year’s hands on human resources management experience.
- Experience in using in-demand HRMIS software
- Professional training & certification of HRIS software by a reputable organization will be an added advantage
- Experience in HRMIS Project Management
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams across various sites
- Knowledge of Kenya laws and practices
- Knowledge of employee relations policies, procedures and experience in their implementation.
- In depth understanding of HR processes and designing process flowcharts that can be mirrored in to a HRMIS
- XML Publisher
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
- Ability to Work Independently or with a team, Sound knowledge of HRMS/HCM, Reports
- Knowledge of principles, practices and standards of human resource administration in assigned area.
- Knowledge of human resource information systems (HRIS).
- Knowledge of database maintenance basic concepts.
- Skill in performing accurate data entry.
- Ability to analyse problems and devise pragmatic and sustainable solutions.
- Ability to maintain a strategic view but can also conduct detailed analysis as appropriate.
- Willingness to take a hands-on approach to problem resolution as required.
- Ability to build productive and collaborative relationships with varied stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Excellent planning and follow through ability
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: "Apply for this job".
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 27 August, 2019.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).