This is an entry level position for this opening. The holder will be responsible for software development of simple applications in the environment that meets Programme’s objectives in accordance to set standards.
- Software Development Manager.
- Enables and implements software development and implementation processes through the set framework.
- Collecting user system requirements for evaluation.
- Design, codes, tests, corrects, and documents programs and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered information or communication systems.
- Making specific determinations about system performance and ensuring that systems perform optimally.
- Responsible for analysis of current programs, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
- Responsible for proofing the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
- To participate in execution and support for all IT Projects.
- Responsible for analyzing of current programs and processes, and making recommendations which yield a more cost effective product.
- Tests new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate. Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions, and any changes made in database tables on procedural.
- Carry out research and development on enterprise applications as directed by IT management to meet various programme needs.
- Respond to business as usual system requests for data and enterprise systems.
- Observe Change Control, Event, Configuration and Incident management as minimum business processes when executing Service Design and Transition.
- Adhere to IT development standards on naming conventions, code testing, release management, source code control and collaboration.
- Training of end users and other programme staff on the use of data applications.
- Degree in computer science or BSc IT
- Minimum 2-3 years of technical work experience in SharePoint, MS-SQL, .Net Framework, C#, Microsoft Development Technologies and Open Source Technologies.
- Database design and software development experience.
- MCSD (Must give evidence of the exam certificate done by an authorised testing body, i.e. Pearson VUE, Prometric, etc.)
- ZEND PHP Certification.
- Experience of working in a research establishment.
- Microsoft SQL server support.
- MySQL database support.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely. Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Knowledge of computer logic and workflows.
- Knowledge of computer program design methods and techniques.
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly.
- Ability to write, edit, and debug computer programs to achieve desired output.
- Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems.
- Knowledge of writing program documentation.
- Strong communications skills, both in writing and speaking.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to get things done.
- Have creative mind.
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: "Apply for this job".
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 22 October, 2019
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).