Masters training is the first stage of specialization in research training. It provides a foundation for further research training and for increased intellectual engagement in a focus research area. In line with our goal of building local research capacity by feeding the research career pipeline at all levels, KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) and Pwani University are jointly offering fully funded studentships for MSc in Immunology. The 2-year studentships will support interested students to undertake training in Immunology with a research project at state-of-the-art laboratories at KWTRP, PUBReC and Pwani University among other collaborating partners.
Applicants must first ensure eligibility for admission to Pwani University for a Masters in Immunology as outlined here.
- Applicants must have completed and graduated their Bachelor's degree in Biology or related fields not earlier than January 2020.
- Applicants should have attained at least a B+ or an equivalent in their KCSE/O-level/senior secondary school exams and, first class or upper second-class honours undergraduate degree or their equivalent from a recognized and accredited institution of higher learning.
Applicants must obtain institutionally approved conversions in the form of average scores or GPA (e.g., from the Office of Academic Registrar) for Non-classified degrees e.g., Medical laboratory science, Nursing, Pharmacy.
Foreign academic certificates/degrees must be converted through CUE (Commission for University Education in Kenya) and KNQA (Kenya National Qualifications Authority).
Tuition fees will be met by the Initiative to Develop African Research Leaders (hosted by KWTRP). Successful applicants will also receive a monthly stipend.
Studentships start on 14 August 2023.
Studentships are awarded competitively through shortlisting of online applications and subsequent oral interviews. Applicants already holding a Master’s degree or currently undertaking Masters studies will not be considered.
Confirm your eligibility and qualification for admission to the MSc in Immunology programme. If you have any questions on your eligibility, please contact Pwani university Admissions Office:
- Once ascertained that you are qualified for admission, click on the title of a position you are interested in to see the full description of the post (in this case, the MSc in Immunology studentships).
- A link Submit Application will be available at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the submit application link and fill in the resulting form. You’ll be required to first create an account and update your profile – then apply for preferred position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 July 2023
NOTE: ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS will be accepted.
The application date has expired